This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services (website, mobile app, etc) and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Services. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
The data controller for these services is: Seedstars group, that includes Seedstars World S.A. and affiliates. Learn more about the Seedstars group at https://www.seedstars.com/about-us/.
Information collection and use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you. We process this personal data based on consent according to Art. 6(1)(a) or 6(1)(b) GDPR, which you are free to give or refuse. You’ll see consent options when you visit our website for the first time. You can change your decisions at anytime. If you change your decision it will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Postal code, City, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Company name
- Social media profiles
- Date of birth
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How do we use your data?
Seedstars uses the collected data for various purposes. We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use our mobile applications, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- to carry out an employment or consultant application process.
- to notify you about changes to our Services.
- to improve our website and mobile applications in order to better serve you.
- to allow us to better Services you in responding to your customer Services requests.
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- to ask for ratings and reviews of Services or products.
- to follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
We request processing of personal data of users or visitors, such as IP address, a cookie identifier and email address (but only in the case that visitors request information be sent by email). We also collect non-personal data to learn how visitors found our website, what kind of device they’re using, how long they stayed, which pages they visited, etc. This non-personal data is tied to a temporary identifier that is removed after the end of each browsing session.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Switzerland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Switzerland and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Seedstars may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Seedstars
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
How do we protect your information?
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions. We use regular Malware Scanning.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services ("Services Providers"), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Services-related Services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
|Name of the purpose
|Third party service
|Google AdSense Advertising
|Google Tag Manager
|Amazon Web Services
|Microsoft App Center
Your rights under GDPR
You may be aware that the new European Union legislation - the General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR" - confers certain rights on individuals with respect to their personal data. We have therefore implemented more transparency to help users take advantage of those same rights. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. As provided in terms of applicable law and unless limited by it, the rights granted to individuals are as follows:
- Right of access - the right to be informed and request access to the personal data we process about the User;
- Right of rectification- the right to request that we change or update the User's personal data whenever they are incorrect or incomplete;
- Right to delete information- the right to request us to erase your personal data;
- Right to restrict- the right to request that we temporarily or permanently interrupt the processing of all or some of your personal data;
- Right to portability of data- the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit such personal data for use in third party services; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decisions - the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated decision, including profiling, where the decision may have a legal effect for itself or have an equally significant effect.
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or Services.
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 16 ("Children"). You must be at least 16 years old to use our Services or such greater age required in your country to register for use of our Services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under this age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
You have a right to access your data, correct or remove it, or completely withdraw your consent for processing it at any time. Such requests should be sent to our DPO: [email protected]. The withdrawal of a consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.