Book your flight to GENEVA
The closest international airport to Lausanne is Geneva-Cointrin (GVA), which is directly connected by train to Lausanne (~40 min).
Getting to Lausanne
All you need to know to make the best out of this trip
Travelling in and around Lausanne
Trains - For train connections to Lausanne or Renens, see here.
Public Transports - We strongly recommend using public transports to get to Lausanne (metro line M1 from Lausanne or Renens, bus lines 58 from Morges and 33 from Ecublens/Renens/Prilly). You can see the local public transport website here.
- Visitors staying in most hotels in Lausanne receive free travel cards for Lausanne buses and metro.
- The city centre of Lausanne is only a short distance from the train station: 2 min by metro, or 10-15 min (uphill) by foot.
- The main metro stop for the city center is Lausanne-Flon.
- The Swiss Tech Convention Center is 20 minutes by public transportation from Lausanne-Flon, it is at the stop "Ecublens" on the M1 metro line.
- Lausanne lakeside (Ouchy) can be reached from the railway station by metro M2 direction “Ouchy” in 5 minutes.
CAR - Parking space is available in limited numbers on the EPFL campus (see map).
Here's a few hotels near the Summit venue
Things to do
Here are few things you can do after the event
Visit the world’s largest particle physics laboratory and experience the thrill of being so close to the large hydron collider.
Lausanne offers various sites for those who love skating. You’ll warm up quickly either way! See all skating rinks.
Head out to the night streets of Lausanne and enjoy the city full of style, culture and music for all tastes.