After another year in which the Seedstars World teams traveled to over 70 countries around the world and 18 of them on the African continent (you can get a feeling for how the tour looks here) with the mission to find the best tech startups in emerging markets, we are now just weeks away of hosting our second edition of Seedstars Africa, our African Regional Summit on December 9th in Kigali, Rwanda. You can see the video from our last year below:
The motto of this year’s event will be “The future built in Africa” and it will bring together 30 of the brightest entrepreneurs from over 16 countries to showcase the global potential of tech entrepreneurs in all corners of the continent. It will also bring together key players from corporate (Microsoft, Intel, Google, Orange, Brussels Airlines, GSMA, Tigo, etc.) as well as government (The Minister of Youth and ICT is our opening speaker) and key investors.
We couldn’t be more excited for these entrepreneurs and want this event to play a part in accelerating a pan-African innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurship community. If you want to be part of this and see the incredible potential of these African startups for yourself, then join us and 300 other people on December 9th in Kigali by signing up here.
If for some reason you can’t make it, or you need more reasons to be convinced, you can find the profiles of all the changemakers and innovators from across the African continent below:
- South Africa | IDWork: IDWork uses technology to organise and mobilise informal service providers to give a superior and cheaper experience to employers.
- Mozambique | BlackBOX TV: BlackBOX TV, the future of TV ! Stream any content you want in our DB and forget your internet communication. 100% Portable and no NET need!
- Angola | Wi-Connect Lda: Making free internet into a profitable business.
- Nigeria | Kangpe: Allows Africans discuss health issues quickly and confidentially with verified doctors 24/7 via SMS, Mobile App or Web within minutes.
- Ghana | Chalkboard Education: Offers plug-and-play mobile learning solutions to universities and nonaprofits that work on any device and without an Internet connection.
- Cote D’Ivoire | Etudesk: Etudesk is a web platform allowing academic institutions to easily set up their e-learning platform and to offer high quality courses.
- Mali | Aikio Corp.: A web and USSD platform for medical institutions to transmit medical files to patients safely and confidentially.
- Ethiopia | Hulubet: An online event marketplace and event management system. Find events based on your interest, sell and manage your ticket.
- Tanzania | Jamii: A mobile micro-health insurance product for the low income and informal sector population at just $1 per month!
- Uganda | Akiba: Revolutionizing finance by making it collective, granting people the tools for practical & transparent management of their finances.
- Kenya | iNuka Pap limited: We are a mobile platform that allows subscribers to access free medical insurance just by saving and borrowing loans.
- Senegal | Wutiko: Professional network for Africa.
- Zimbabwe | Dr CADx: Dr CADx is a computer aided diagnostic system to help doctors diagnose medical images more accurately and save lives.
- Botswana | Bua.Space: A service rating platform for service businesses, allowing them to receive and respond to individual customer feedback.
- Algeria | Dalli: Dalil is an Object recognition and navigation system for visually impaired people
- Egypt | Tutorama: Tutorama is a highly curated marketplace connecting parents with top quality tutors. We are the Airbnb of tutoring
- Tunisia | Evey Technologies: Evey is web & mobile platform that helps community managers realize real time votes/surveys with automoted data analysis
- Rwanda | Find out on December 6th at SSW Kigali
We can’t wait to see you in Rwanda on December 9th. Get your tickets to join us here: www.seedstarsafrica.com